I’ve been doing a bunch of on-model pony rehairs lately, so here’s Twilight! I’m in the process of doing the whole mane 6, which I’ll be posting as a group later, but I really liked how Twilight came out…
She’s done with brushed and straightened yarn fiber, with a couple drops of diluted styling glue in her mane. Her tail has no product in it and is silky and soft. :D
I’ll be selling ones like her and others in about a month or so, price undetermined atm (rehairing and styling takes quite a few hours), but email me if you’re super interested! arupaka.art[at]gmail[.]com. c:
green-knickers asked: how did you do your business cards? I have one and I"m in love with how adorable it is!
aaaa, thank you so much!! They were made by hand-carving a rubber stamp, actually, then I stamped and embossed business card blanks - you can emboss stamps by applying embossing powder over the wet ink and blasting it with a heat gun. There are embossing tutorials on youtube, and you can get the supplies at most craft/scrapbooking stores. I hand-stamped 300 of them, it was a lot of work! Next time I’ll just print them, haha. :’D It was still pretty satisfying to have such a nice end product!
I CAN’T DECIDE WHAT COLOR SCHEME I WANT MY BIZ CARDS TO BE
I’m hand-carving rubber stamps (that will actually be a nice cute drawing instead of a 10-second mouse doodle) and they will have shiny embossed ink on colored card stock… The gradient-y yellow mockups are gold ink.
Which do you like best?
Wool felting small things is GREAT STRESS RELIEF. Knit for half an hour to relax, then pound the shit out of it in the sink in blazing hot water.
I used this hexagon coaster pattern with just some plain gray wool I had lying around, to try it out. It’s blocked and drying now (in the last pic), and since it came out so nice I’ll try this again with some cooler yarn the next time I want to beat up some wool.
Photo Finish and Hoity Toity as PONY SQUIDS. These were commissioned by InkyNotebook. The accessories took a lot of work! D:
Here’s the yarn wig all finished and styled! IT CAME OUT SO PRETTY OMG.
In which I am super cool and develop a method to make an entire wig out of nothing but brushed-out, straightened yarn. B]
It’s still wet and messy from heat-sealing it, and needs to be styled, but it actually came out pretty good!
AAAHHHH THE FULL SET IS FINALLY DONE!
40+ hours of work to make all of them, of course not counting the original pattern drafting (which took days), designing color schemes and cutie marks, obtaining supplies, etc etc… I’m pretty pleased with how they all came out. :’D
This full set will be for sale at Everfree! Look for my booth in the dealer’s hall. I’ll maybe have some duplicates completed and for sale by then as well, as well as a ~super secret pony squid~ that you’ll have to stop by to see!
Wow help Applejack’s hat is too cute I don’t wanna put it on a squid and sell it.
I also discovered it’s pretty much the perfect size to fit on the official pony toys, HM! I don’t have an Applejack though so Fluttershy gets to model. U-U
HAHAHA WOW this whole design and pattern and everything took only an hour from original idea to completion.
It’s a kabutomushi! AKA, Japanese rhinoceros beetle. I’ve always wanted to raise some but they’re nigh impossible to obtain in the States. U-U So I knit one instead!
While I’m super amazingly happy with how it came out, I still need to tweak the pattern a bit - reverse the knit and purl stitches on the underside so the ridges pop in instead of out, and do the shell embroidery in a darker color because you can hardly see it at all right now.
Otherwise WOW LOOK AT THIS CUTIE. Once I’ve fixed up the knitting pattern, I’ll post it here for free!!