At the end of the day I just want to know if you built something. Did it impress someone? Did it make you proud, or did it make someone else proud of you? That’s the end-game for me. To build and get that back as a response from people, to make things that make thousands of people smile, and if I can make just one game that does that I can die happy. I do not fear death. I fear a lack of meaning in my life.
This gives me an increasing hostility toward video game critics, reviewers who earn a paycheck just bitching about something with no grasp as to how much effort went into creating that which they seek to destroy. This is also why I didn’t become a game journalist myself. It’s a career in which I could have readily succeeded. But who do you want to be? The guy whining in the corner? Or the guy who changed someone’s life?
If Pyro winds us having any under-suit identity at all I think I will honestly cry.
Like two years ago Robin Walker promised me personally at Valve playtesting that they wouldn’t ever say.
HE PROMISED MEEEE
- -'/ Archer has changed their name to -'/ The Darkness Inside.
- Mimblepuff: that's the most emo nickname you've ever used
- Mimblepuff: you should be ashamed
- -'/ The Darkness Inside: it was a chapter from max payne
- -'/ The Darkness Inside: you are so uneducated
- Mimblepuff: let's see what google has to say about this https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=%22the+darkness+inside%22&gs_upl=&ix=seb&ion=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=909&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=8V5JT7qoFIThiALstvnaDQ
- Mimblepuff: google says you're an emo faggot.
- -'/ The Darkness Inside has changed their name to -'/ Live From The Crime Scene.
- -'/ Live From The Crime Scene: how about that
- Mimblepuff: much better.
- -'/ Live From The Crime Scene: hggg
- -'/ Live From The Crime Scene: http://www.3drealms.com/max/walkthrough/p1c3.html see chapter names
- -'/ Live From The Crime Scene: (click jump to any level)
- Mimblepuff: wow it's like a book
- Mimblepuff: which I'm sure you haven't experienced before.
- Mimblepuff: that's okay.
- -'/ Live From The Crime Scene: it was as well written as one
- -'/ Live From The Crime Scene: max payne is my jam
- Mimblepuff: it is a snarky bastard day.
- Mimblepuff: today.
- Mimblepuff: for me.
- -'/ Live From The Crime Scene: yeah
- -'/ Live From The Crime Scene: you asshole
So, you’re interested in the MOTHER/Earthbound series…
But you’re just too lazy to start playing it, right? Worry not.
I see a lot of people arround here saying they’re interested in the series but they can’t find the roms and stuff. That’s why I made a “special package” with all of the three games (EarthBound Zero, EarthBound and the english-translated MOTHER 3 Rom) with the respective emulators and some other useful stuff like the EarthBound Zero’s easy patch if you can’t handle its difficulty (wich is okay).
I call it the “Play the MOTHER series godammit” package (DO IT) and you can download it HERE (Yeah, Mediafire goodness).
As a tip, I would recommend you to start from EarthBound Zero… yeah, they game nobody mentions. Why? Well, because EarthBound it’s almost its DIRECT SEQUEL, you’ll actually meet EarthBound’s villain in EB Zero first, and it is an incredibly touching and beautiful game, you have to give it a shot.
P.S.: If you’re already a MOTHER fan, please reblog this so more people can see it and become part of the party :D
ESPAÑOL: Para no hacerlo más largo, básicamente el link de arriba (el que dice HERE) contiene los tres juegos de la saga MOTHER con los respectivos emuladores para jugarlos y el parche fácil de EarthBound Zero, ¡disfrute!
No excuses. Go play them now.
Ohmygosh yes. 8D